Once or twice a week I like to have a red meat for my dinner to change it up from the usual white meats.
My favourite has to be:
Ostrich Steak: This is a tender and tasty steak which is low in fat and high in protein.
Next up is Venison steaks. This too has the texture of Ostrich but not as tender. It has a great taste and a very healthy meat. It goes well with a salad or roasted vegetables.
Finally, it is the fillet steak. This i a tender, succulent piece of meat which goes well with roasted vegetables. I love to eat this with roast potatoes and broccoli.
It is always good to mix up the white meat with red once in a while.
What is everyone else favourite meat?
Pistachios offer good sources of protein, fats, and minerals. They are pretty cost effective and are great for a midday snack in between breakfast and lunch. This will stop you from snacking on chocolate and sweets etc. They are a great source of energy but you will want to moderate how many you eat per day to cap the calorie intake.
they compose good amounts of mono-unsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and antioxidants. Regular consumption of pistachios in the diet may help lowering total as well as bad LDL cholesterol and increase good HDL cholesterol levels within the blood. This helps lower the risk of heart disease and strengthens your body.
Pistachios have a high level of Vitamin E which helps maintain the integrity of the skin and cell membranes.
Below is the nutritional fact sheet.
I hope this helps enlighten everyone. Who else enjoys pistachios? Whats your favourite type of nut?
|Total Fat 45 g
|Saturated fat 6 g
|Polyunsaturated fat 14 g
|Monounsaturated fat 24 g
|Trans fat 0 g
|Cholesterol 0 mg
|Sodium 1 mg
|Potassium 1,025 mg
|Total Carbohydrate 28 g
|Dietary fiber 10 g
|Sugar 8 g
|Protein 20 g
My favourite healthy meal is an asparagus omelette.
2x Whole eggs
2x Egg whites
Handful of asparagus.
I usually add chicken cooked with coconut oil or bits of Mozzarella.
Basically i mix the egg up and put into the pan and cook on a low heat whilst the asparagus and/or broccoli boils.
I then grill the top of the omelette and place the asparagus and chicken into the middle and fold it over. I then finish with a seasoning of pepper.
This is a great meal to ensure nutrients and calories when you are short of time. I always cook all of my food with Coconut oil as it gives it a great taste and is extremely healthy for you.
Anyone else have any quick meals they would like to share?
After Months of waiting I can finally say I have got tickets for the Rio Olympics 2016. I am unbelievably excited, I cannot believe I got awarded some tickets. I did not hesitate to confirm the tickets.
I guess the real challenge now is to save up and cover all of the accommodation through the weeks of the Olympics.
I cannot wait to explore Rio and be part of this history. I do have spare days here and there and want to see as much of the country as possible. Anyone have any suggestions on places to visit and recommendations where to see and avoid.
I am also travelling to Thailand soon for 16 days and will keep a blog regarding my travels. I will post a small piece on this in the next week or so and what I am planning on doing and any feedback?!
Overall I am really looking forward to the next few months. I will also include more of my blogs on clothing, you actually find some decent stuff around these areas at reasonable prices.
Anyway, have a great day and will post more!
An update on my races. The times are getting better. I just need to think of some ways to improve the time and also increase my stamina levels. The past 3 race results have decreased in time by 3 mins from my first to current race.
I have started to include an extra 4 mile walk 3-4 mornings a week to help strengthen my legs.
I also do a hill sprint session once a week.
I will need to up the sprint sessions to at least twice a week.
Does anyone have any tips to help improve fitness?
Five reasons to use Coconut oil:
1. Coconut Oil Contains a Unique Combination of Fatty Acids With Powerful Medicinal Properties. Most of the fatty acids in the diet are long-chain fatty acids, but the medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil are metabolized differently. These go straight to the liver from the digestive tract, where they are used as a quick source energy or turned into so-called ketone bodies, which can have therapeutic effects on brain disorders like epilepsy and Alzheimer’s.
2. Coconut oil increases your energy expenditure , therefore burns more fat. The medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) in coconut oil can increase energy expenditure compared to the same amount of calories from longer chain fats.
3. The Lauric Acid in Coconut Oil Can Kill Bacteria, Viruses and Fungi, Helping to Stave Off Infections Almost 50% of the fatty acids in coconut oil is the 12-carbon Lauric acid.
4. Coconut Oil Can Improve Blood Cholesterol Levels and May Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease.
5. Coconut Oil Can Protect Hair Against Damage, Moisturize Skin and Function as Sunscreen. Coconut oil can serve various purposes that have nothing to do with eating it. Many people are using it for cosmetic purposes and to improve the health and appearance of their skin and hair. Studies on individuals with dry skin show that coconut oil can improve the moisture and lipid content of the skin.
Anyone else have any other great healthy eating tips?
Since we last spoke I have been running a minimum of 7k a day 4-5 times a week even more. I walk 3.5 miles 4 out of 5 days in the morning to work. It has helped improve the strength of my legs and my stamina.
However I need to improve my upper body strength and toning as well as my eating habits.
Need to work on the following:
– Abs. – Leg raises and Crunches.
– Chest. – More press ups and resistance training.
-Eating Habits. – Keep the meat and Vegetable ratio’s up. Cut out Unhealthy Snacks.
Anyone else have any ideas to improve their diet or exercise regime?