Five reasons to use Coconut oil:
1. Coconut Oil Contains a Unique Combination of Fatty Acids With Powerful Medicinal Properties. Most of the fatty acids in the diet are long-chain fatty acids, but the medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil are metabolized differently. These go straight to the liver from the digestive tract, where they are used as a quick source energy or turned into so-called ketone bodies, which can have therapeutic effects on brain disorders like epilepsy and Alzheimer’s.
2. Coconut oil increases your energy expenditure , therefore burns more fat. The medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) in coconut oil can increase energy expenditure compared to the same amount of calories from longer chain fats.
3. The Lauric Acid in Coconut Oil Can Kill Bacteria, Viruses and Fungi, Helping to Stave Off Infections Almost 50% of the fatty acids in coconut oil is the 12-carbon Lauric acid.
4. Coconut Oil Can Improve Blood Cholesterol Levels and May Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease.
5. Coconut Oil Can Protect Hair Against Damage, Moisturize Skin and Function as Sunscreen. Coconut oil can serve various purposes that have nothing to do with eating it. Many people are using it for cosmetic purposes and to improve the health and appearance of their skin and hair. Studies on individuals with dry skin show that coconut oil can improve the moisture and lipid content of the skin.
Anyone else have any other great healthy eating tips?