Five reasons to use Coconut oil:
1. Coconut Oil Contains a Unique Combination of Fatty Acids With Powerful Medicinal Properties. Most of the fatty acids in the diet are long-chain fatty acids, but the medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil are metabolized differently. These go straight to the liver from the digestive tract, where they are used as a quick source energy or turned into so-called ketone bodies, which can have therapeutic effects on brain disorders like epilepsy and Alzheimer’s.
2. Coconut oil increases your energy expenditure , therefore burns more fat. The medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) in coconut oil can increase energy expenditure compared to the same amount of calories from longer chain fats.
3. The Lauric Acid in Coconut Oil Can Kill Bacteria, Viruses and Fungi, Helping to Stave Off Infections Almost 50% of the fatty acids in coconut oil is the 12-carbon Lauric acid.
4. Coconut Oil Can Improve Blood Cholesterol Levels and May Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease.
5. Coconut Oil Can Protect Hair Against Damage, Moisturize Skin and Function as Sunscreen. Coconut oil can serve various purposes that have nothing to do with eating it. Many people are using it for cosmetic purposes and to improve the health and appearance of their skin and hair. Studies on individuals with dry skin show that coconut oil can improve the moisture and lipid content of the skin.
Anyone else have any other great healthy eating tips?
Since we last spoke I have been running a minimum of 7k a day 4-5 times a week even more. I walk 3.5 miles 4 out of 5 days in the morning to work. It has helped improve the strength of my legs and my stamina.
However I need to improve my upper body strength and toning as well as my eating habits.
Need to work on the following:
– Abs. – Leg raises and Crunches.
– Chest. – More press ups and resistance training.
-Eating Habits. – Keep the meat and Vegetable ratio’s up. Cut out Unhealthy Snacks.
Anyone else have any ideas to improve their diet or exercise regime?
Welcome back guys, Sorry I have been away for a while, new job, new flat etc.
(£12 Levi’s Denim Jacket Hardly Worn)
My pick of the month above^^
Anyway my focus today is on ways to get buy living in London and keeping your Wardrobe up to date.
Two Words: Charity Shops!
They are a very cost effective way to buy new clothes. In London you find a lot of the wealthier people will give a lot of clothes. These clothes are sometimes brand new with tags or hardly worn. Stick them in the washing machine and they are ready to go!
Obviously not all charity shops will have what you are looking for but if you frequent them during your lunch break you can pick up an absolute steal.
They are good for work shirts as a lot of the top makes give there older stock to charity shops for free.
I usually use Charity shops for smart shirts, denim jackets and the occasional coat.
For the basics to save money i use Primark or something similar for a T-shirt and a pair of jeans. £12 quid for both. Same material and quality as most £40-£50 pairs just without the “Brand” name you pay for.
More to come shortly… Just another helping hand to combat the London Lifestyle!